CLASSES AND INDIVIDUAL TRAINING NOW OPEN for November through January. Join either a small class or take individual lessons over six sessions, conducted in 2-hour sessions per week over three weeks. Times and dates can vary to work around your holiday plans.
B-CREATIVE AUDIO AND VIDEO DESCRIPTION TRAINING: By Bonnie Barlow - With 30 years of professional experience in all types of Audio Description, Bonnie offers online training following specific paths of interest to students either one-on-one or small groups of 2 to 4 students.
Contact Bonnie directly: firstname.lastname@example.org 720-440-3893.
A ROADMAP TO FINDING REAL WORK IN THE WORLD OF AUDIO DESCRIPTION
YOU MAY START HERE:
Basics of Audio Description:
- Best practices, examples of movies, videos, streamed content, conferences, quality assurance, etc.
- Explore and determine your niche and goals.
- How to find description work.
- How to find resources to improve your description and adapt to new situations.
OR TAKE THIS PATH IF YOU ALREADY HAVE PERFORMED SOME AD:
Writing and performing and providing quality assurance of Audio Description:
- How to construct your description for various formats: Broadcast Television, Streamed Media, Films, Virtual Events, Educational Videos, Other areas may include Art and Museum Exhibits, Immersive Experiences, Materials for Conferences, etc., according to students’ interests.
- Filmed Dance and Plays.
- Quality Assurance of Audio Description: Learn how to assess quality and ensure a project receives the input from professional sources for a superior final product.
- Building a professional portfolio.
THIS PATH WILL TAKE YOU TO DESCRIBING THEATRE PRODUCTIONS
- Theatrical Audio Description: Describing live performances - Concentration on plays for and theatrical venues including how to provide onsite and remote Audio Description for live and virtual performances.
- Consulting with theatres on the necessities for starting an AD program, equipment, audience development.
- Voice-over/Narration for Audio Description: Specifics unique to audio description voice-over work.
One on one coaching – $360 – for three-week course (total 6 hours at 2 hours per week.): Teaching, assigning homework, giving feedback. Helping to build a portfolio.
Groups of 2 to 4 - $300 each – (total 6 hours at 2 hours per week.): Teaching, assigning homework, giving feedback. Helping to build a portfolio.